Monday, July 19, 2010

Louisiana Adventures!

      So it has been about 2 1/2 months since we left Utah!  So crazy but everything is going well Mark is loving the job (most of the time) & he is doing well at it.  I am pretty bored most of the time, but I do hang out with some of the other wives that are out here so it is fun making new friends.  The drive out here was around 30 hours!!  So you would think that little Paislee would be screaming like most babies/children/adults confined to a seat belt would be:) Well she is truly the best baby ever & only cried twice yes twice the entire trip.  However lately she has really been hating her car seat so going home I think will be a whole other story:)  The drive was fun, I thought that me & Mark would be dying but it was nice to just be together, talk, & have a sort of vacation.  Our apartment is very nice & we are blessed with a pool which has been my entertainment, we even have a washer & dryer in the apartment!! Hooray!! I thought that I would have to be stuck going to a creepy laundry mat in a city let alone state that I am completely uncomfortable in.  So at first I was unsure about Louisiana, it is true that Utah is a bubble (I can't lie that I was ok with that)  But the people here are really nice & our ward is so friendly & welcoming.  I really do like it here other then the horrible heat with even worse humidity, but even this I have become used to.
     Paislee has been growing so much & has hit some major milestones in a little girls life:)  First she now sits completely on her own with out falling & if she starts to wobble she catches herself, I am a proud mommy.  Then she has grown enough hair to put not only one ponytail but piggytails too!!  She is scooting/crawling all over.  She has not perfected the actual crawl yet but rocks on her knees in an attempt.  She is also eating baby food we started with carrots & now she eats it all:)  She also is baby talking a lot too & I swear she said MAMA!!  Ok so it might have been just a coincidence but I can clam it right?:)  So in a nut shell we are doing pretty good this summer even though we miss our families like crazy it is an adventure we will never forget!    Here are some pics.

           Around 3 AM Just before starting our long drive

Paislee's First PONYTAIL!!

                            Swimming @ the pool

                     Sitting on her own!!

Mississippi River
                                                            
                              First Baby food CARROTS! YUM

CRAZY Louisiana Weather!!

Me & My Best Pal!!!

                 First PIGGYTAILS!!!                      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment