Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Doctor Visit Shots and Tears!

     Paislee had a doctors appointment on Monday her 2 month visit which also brought her first shots!  The appointment went well she is growing well.  11 lbs 4 oz 23 inches long and her head measures 40 centemeters.  So she is healthy YEAH!!  But next came those shots which I was scared for because of all the stories from sisters and other moms.  Well I held her little hand as she was given the oral and it went well even the nurse commented on how well she did great my girl is a champ, but then the real shots.... again I held her hand and then as soon as that mean ol' nurse poked her tears welled up in her big blue eyes and she let out the most heart breaking cry.  Thinking about it now makes me want to cry and I almost did then, but I didn't want the nurse to think I was this "NEW" over protective mom even though I am :)  So I gave Paislee kisses and told her she would be ok.  Then the nurse was like "I am done now"  I felt a little stupid I was so wrapped up in consoling Paislee I didn't realize we were finished and the nurse was waiting for me to leave.  Well I picked up my sweet still crying Paislee and made my way to the waiting room where I sat to calm my sweetie down.  Mark was on his way to school and I felt so bad for Paislee I told him to come see her so he came and she fell asleep in his arms.  I know I am a big baby but it was the sadest thing ever I am really not looking forward to her next visit and I am sure she is not ether!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie! Thank you SOOO much for your card. Your little girl is absolutely adorable. I see so much of her in you! Don't worry I felt the same with Grace's shots. So sad to see them cry. I am also excited that we can be blogging buddies now that you have yours up! I just LOVE you to death and I am so excited to know what's going on in your wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete